Documentation Required

In order for us to legally sell number plates we must be provided with two types of documentation.

Proof of ID:

  • Driving licence, with or without a photo (doesn’t have to be issued in the UK)
  • Utility bill, Council Tax or rates bill in Northern Ireland (from the last 6 months)
  • Bank or building society statement (from the last 6 months)
  • National identity card (issued by the government of a state or territory other than the United Kingdom)
  • Passport (doesn’t have to be issued in the UK)
  • Bank or building society debit or credit card
  • Police warrant card
  • Armed forces identity card

Proof of Entitlement:

  • Vehicle registration certificate (V5C)
  • New keeper supplement (V5C/2)
  • A Certificate of Entitlement (V750 ) to the number
  • A Retention Document (V778)
  • A renewal reminder for vehicle tax or SORN (V11 or V11NI)
  • A Temporary Registration Certificate (V379)
  • A Number Plate Authorisation Certificate (V948) with an official stamp from the DVLA or DVSA
  • An electronic Number Plate Authorisation Certificate (eV948)
  • A letter of authorisation from a fleet operator quoting the V5C Reference Number